- 2017. Jacklin, K., HENDERSON, R., Green, M., Walker, L., Calam, B., Crowshoe, L. Healthcare Experiences of Indigenous People Living with Type 2 Diabetes in Canada: Sequential Focus Group Findings from Diverse Canadian Contexts. Canadian Medical Association Journal.
- In press. Navia, D., HENDERSON, R., & First Charger, L. Uncovering Colonial Legacies: Voices of Indigenous Youth on Child Welfare (dis)Placements. Anthropology & Education Quarterly.
- 2016 Bakhshaei, M. & HENDERSON, R. Structural harm and the socio-schooling of South Asian girls in Montreal: developing upstream capacity for promoting the wellbeing of newcomer women. BMC Women’s Health. DOI: 10.1186/s12905-016-0328-0
- 2016 HENDERSON, R. & Syed, N. The Mock Faculty Position: A Novel Professional Career Development Program for Advanced Trainees. Academic Medicine.
- 2016 Meadows, L., Strudsholm, T., Robinson Vollman, A., Thurston, W.E, HENDERSON, R. Leadership competencies for public health practice in Canada: a mixed methods design for complex public health research. International Journal of Qualitative Methods.
- 2015 HENDERSON, R., Williams, K., & Crowshoe, L. Mini-Med School for Aboriginal Youth: Experiential Outreach that Tackles Systemic Barriers. Medical Education Online.
- 2015 Roy, A., Noormohamed, R., HENDERSON, R., Thurston, W. Scoping Review of Intergenerational Trauma and Healing among Aboriginal Youth. First Peoples Child and Family Review. DOI: http://journals.sfu.ca/fpcfr/index.php/FPCFR/article/view/268
- 2014 HENDERSON, R., Hatfield, J., Kutz, S., van der Meer, F., Manyama, M. & Bastien, S. “We can’t get worms from cow dung”: reported knowledge of parasitism among pastoralist youth attending secondary school in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Tanzania. Journal of Biosocial Science. DOI: 10.1017/S0021932015000358
- 2014 HENDERSON, R. & Koelwyn, R. The family sample: critical kinship methods for the study of continuity and change. Sage Research Methods. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4135/978144627305013522924
- 2013 HENDERSON, R. Teaching for the flourishing future: from educational policy to political education in Chile’s democratic transition. Anthropologica, 55(2): 303-315.
- 2007 HENDERSON, R. Aging away: convergences in ethnography, elderly care, immigration, and policy. Anthropology in Action, 14 (1-2), Spring/Summer, 63-73.
- 2016 Fownes Grant, L. & HENDERSON, R. Chapter 8: Reorienting health services for public health practice. In Canadian Community as Partner 1st edition, edited by A. Vollman. Baltimore: Wolters Kluwer Health.
- 2015 HENDERSON, R., Ireland, L., & Thurston, W. Uncanny insight in withdrawn voices: Aboriginal hauntings, structural violence and youth-powered documentary in western Canada. In Youth at the Margins: Experiences from Engaging Youth in Research Worldwide, edited by S. Bastien & H. Holmarsdottir. Rotterdam: Sense Publishers.
- 2014 HENDERSON, R., Roy, A., & Thurston, W. Systemic violence and immigrant women having escaped domestic abuse: meaningfully reducing structural barriers to leaving intimate partner and familial violence. In Towards Creating a Resilience Dialogue around Domestic Violence in Vulnerable Populations, edited by M. Taylor & J. Pooley. Hauppauge NY: Nova, pp. 87-104.
- 2010 HENDERSON, R. Book review of Ana Mariella Bacigalupo’s “Shamans of the Foye Tree: Gender, Power, and Healing among Chilean Mapuche”. Anthropologica, 52(2), 403-405.
Professional Reports & Policy Papers
- 2017 HENDERSON, R., Crowshoe, L., Montesanti, S., Leduc, C. Moving the agenda forward together: Innovating Indigenous primary care in Alberta. Calgary, AB: Cumming School of Medicine Department of Family Medicine.
- 2016 HENDERSON, R. The Innercity Community Engagement Pilot Needs Assessment for Office of Strategic Partnerships and Community Engagement. Calgary, AB: Cumming School of Medicine.
- 2014 HENDERSON, R., Thurston, W., Strudsholm, T. Leadership Competencies for Public Health Practice in Canada: interim evaluation report. St. John’s, NL: Community Health Nurses of Canada.
- 2014 Meadows, L., Strudsholm, T., Robinson Vollman, A., Thurston, W., HENDERSON, R. Leadership Competencies for Public Health Practice in Canada: report of focus group webinars. St. John’s, NL: Community Health Nurses of Canada.
- 2014 HENDERSON, R. Aboriginal Youth Council Report: Collaboratively Engaging Urban Aboriginal Youth from Calgary in Confronting Structural Violence. February, Voices against Violence Team, Western University.
- 2013 HENDERSON, R. & Montesanti, S. Group for Research with Aboriginal People on Health Fall 2013 Research Forum Report. November, Institute for Public Health, University of Calgary.
- 2009 Montgomery, C., Xenocostas, S., LeGall, J., Hamez-Spy, M., Vatz Laroussi, M., Rhéaume, J., Sultan, S., Nahabedian, S., Roberts, R., HENDERSON, R., Drolet, M. Maintaining Continuity in Contexts of Exile: Refugee Families and the ‘Family Novels’ Project. Montreal: Centre de Recherche et de Formation, CSSS de la Montagne. http://www.csssdelamontagne.qc.ca/fileadmin/csss_dlm/Publications/Publications_CRF/roman_familial_serie16_enligne_000.pdf
- 2013 HENDERSON, R. The dismembered family: youth, memory and modernity in rural southern Chile (Doctoral Dissertation). Université de Montréal. Retrieved: http://hdl.handle.net/1866/9686
- 2005 HENDERSON, R. Coming and going home: global mobility, citizenship, and family biography (Master’s thesis). Dalhousie University. Available from ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Full Text, UMI Dissertations Publishing (MR08505).
- 2016 Film “(Dis)Placed: Indigenous Youth and the Child Welfare System.” Film featuring Cindy Blackstock and four Indigenous youth survivors of child welfare. Dir. Melisa Brittain, Co-Producer R. HENDERSON. Funded by Urban Aboriginal Knowledge Network (SSHRC) and Voices against Violence (CIHR) projects.
- 2015 Navia, D., Blackface, T., Gladue, A., Ledesma, T., First Charger, L., HENDERSON, R. Uncovering colonial legacies: Indigenous youth in child welfare (dis)placements. In The Peak Magazine, 54. Special issue Reimagining: reigning in the new skool. The Peak Magazine.
- 2006 HENDERSON, R. Answer to Jan Wong regarding Montreal school shootings: letter to the editor. In The Globe and Mail, 21 September 2006; A16.